Saturday, June 29, 2013

Do You "Love" Your Bike?

Does your motorcycle have a name?


There are many of us that have a deep affection towards our motorcycles.  I know, to the non-rider it seems a little strange to have an "affection" towards a mechanical object. It's kind of like loving your can opener or taking your hair blow dryer on a date. Yet a lot of us who ride feel a deep emotional connection to our scoots. It's just another one of those things that you can't explain but you feel it if your a motorcyclist. Can you explain it?

www.doubledcycles.com
D-Day and my soul-riding partner "Dixie"

Another strange thing that a lot of us do is name our motorcycles. My Wide Glide's name is "Dixie". There's no huge story behind the name. I just liked it. She was so beautiful and sexy with all her curves that she just seemed like a sweet Southern gal to me and "Dixie" seemed to fit. Does your motorcycle have a name? And if so, how did you come to naming it that?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I do love my bikes, and I have named every bike I have ever owned. It is a very deep, and personal relationship. We have shared so much together. From riding in the mountains on hot summer days, to riding in sub-freezing temps with snow all around. I don't try to explain it beyond saying that each bike has it's own personality, and it may take a while for her name to attach itself. Or, like the bike I ride now, it may only take a moment or two. Gypsy Rose is truly like my mistress; always there when I need her, bringing me pleasure and relief, and it it up to me to care for her in the manner she deserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for weighing in on the topic 8 Ball!

      I can tell that you get it. Ride free.

      Delete