Tuesday, March 5, 2013

About Us

Want to know a little more about the man behind the curtain?
My first memory of a biker when I was a boy came at the age of eleven while I was living in a small town in Southwestern Wisconsin. One Saturday afternoon, the "boys" came rolling into town on their Harleys and the noise was such that I stopped to watch. And that's when I first saw him! Sammy riding atop his iron steed with his little circular sunglasses and a flowing red beard parted in the middle and flapping behind him in the breeze. That was the moment that I decided - I had to have a motorcycle!
 
My life took its twists and turns through the years but I never forgot that image of Sammy being free in the wind. I finally got my Harley several years later and quickly learned what freedom felt like. Feeling the wind in my face and the sun on my back is something that one simply can't explain to the non-rider. Being a biker is something that truly takes over your soul. "If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand." Yeah, I get it now.
 
Double D Cycles grew out of that young boy's love for motorcycles and wanting to surround my life with everything related to them. We here at Double D Cycles actually ride so we know what you expect for the quality of the things you buy. We will do everything possible to bring you the great products you deserve and will proudly mark those American-made items as "MADE IN THE USA". We will also occasionally post content to our blog to help you get the most out of your items and your time on the road.

- Dean "D-Day" & Karen "Barbie" visiting relatives on Easter morning -
 
We aren't trying to be the largest supplier of motorcycling clothes and accessories - our goal is to be the best. We want you to feel like a partner with us as we journey down this road. We sincerely hope that the quality and service you receive will make you want to come back and see us again. Twist that throttle and come ride with us.
 
~ Dean "D-Day"
President; Double D Cycles

No comments:

Post a Comment